The second in our rider interviews is Charly Robinson. Charly, a successful junior and stepping up to young rider competitions, travels with her team of horses to shows on Australia's east coast.
Name: Charly Robinson
1. How did you begin riding?
My mum! I first started out playing polocrosse from as soon I was able to, it helped that mum also played.
2. Who is your sporting Idol?
Scott Brash and Ash Barty, their training ethics and motivation are so inspiring!
3. How do you like to start your day?
Most days I like to start my day either up early riding a horse before school or doing a quick short workout.
4. What is your favourite show to attend?
I love attending Tamworth and Gundagai.
5. What is your biggest passion outside of Showjumping?
I love doing a bit of polocrosse, sporting and eventing.
6. What is your Career Highlight to Date?
Placing 3rd overall in the Juniors at NSW State Titles 2022 as well as winning multiple Grand Prix’s at ag shows.
7. What is your plan for this year?
My plans are to continue competing throughout the year particularly in Juniors series classes.
8. If you could choose your superpower, what would it be?
Would definitely have to be to heal anything, it would save a lot of money on vet bills!